Improved reliability and performance thanks to advanced technologies
SKiM® 93 - 50kW up to 250kW
Reliability is the most important feature in e-mobility applications.
Thanks to new thermal interface material with 20% thermal improvement and AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current capability, the new SKiM 93 module can bring an improvement of up to 23% with the same chip set and same lifetime or double the power cycling capability in comparison to sinter modules without this feature.
SKiM® 93 Benefits
SKiM 93 modules increase inverter reliability, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. Sintered chips, pressure contacts, spring technologies, AlCu-bonded diodes and high-performance thermal grease allow the SKiM 93 to deliver up to 23% better performance for transient currents with the same chip set and the same lifetime as sinter modules without both features.
SKiM® 93 Key Features
- IGBT power module in sixpack configuration
- Three separate half-bridges
- Available in 600/650V, 1200V and 1700V and from 450A to 900A
- 1200V/600A also available in buck/boost chopper configuration
- Solder-free design for extended service life
- Baseplate-less design
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Low inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
SKiM® 93 Applications
The SKiM 93 is designed for applications that require a high level of inverter reliability, in particular automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, heavy-duty construction machinery and tractors. These modules are also used to deliver leading-edge performance in super sports and race cars.
SKiM® 93 Product Range
The SKiM 93 offers sixpack topologies at 600/650V, 1200V and 1700V. The power ranges from 50kW to 250kW from 450A to 900A. Modules in buck and boost chopper configuration for 1200V/600A round off the portfolio. Driver solutions are also available as well as an optimised water cooler for fast and customer friendly evaluation. In addition, paralleling boards for simple and powerful half-bridge configuration are also available.
Advanced Characteristics for Higher Transient Currents
+23% improvement with same chipset/lifetime
- Double the power cycling capability of standard sinter modules
- 20% improvement in thermal resistance thanks to new thermal interface material
- AlCu-bonded diodes with higher current carrying capacity
Temperature cycling capability: 15 x higher
Enhanced torque and reliability performances with same chip set/module size
- Advanced diode bond: Al clad Cu bond wires
- Bonding with: standard bonding equipment, standard chip surface
- TIM: Pre-applied High Performance Thermal Paste
- Auxiliary contacts: Spring contacts to DBC and PCB
- Power terminals: Pressure contacts for connection to DBC
- Chip: Sintered to DBC, Al or AlCu wire bonded diodes
- No baseplate: Directly pressed to heat sink. Excellent thermal flow with only 25μm thermal paste thickness