Exceeding the Standard
SEMITRANS® 10 – 500kW up to 2MW
SEMITRANS 10 is a robust industrial standard package with copper baseplate and screw terminals for the power, gate and auxiliary connections. The SEMITRANS 10 package is a low inductance design available in 1200V (1400A) and 1700V (1000A/1400A) half-bridge topologies as well as the NPC topology in 1200V IGBT technology with 1200A and 1400A nominal output current. High availability is ensured using of multiple IGBT sources and CAL diodes.
SEMITRANS® 10 Benefits
SEMITRANS 10 is based on an industry standard package, making use of the latest silicon as well as the most recent packaging technology. This gives SEMITRANS 10 a big advantage with regard to reliability, especially thermal robustness as well as enhanced switching performance.
- Robust industrial standard package
- Competitive second source IGBT
- Optimized low stray inductance design for safe operation with high DC-link voltages
- Unique low-loss switching profile
- Viable package architecture for future high temperature chip generations
SEMITRANS® 10 MLI
SEMITRANS 10 MLI enables wind turbine converters to reach voltage ranges up to 1000VAC (1500VDC) in 3-level NPC topology and increases converter efficiency.
Reduced system cost thanks to 3-level topology
- Up to 1.5 MW without paralleling
- Lower switching losses thanks to the use of 1200V devices
- Lower THD means lower filter requirements
- Reduced cable diameters or cable losses
- Reduced cooling requirements
SEMITRANS® 10 Key Features
- Fully compatible with industry standard
- Half-bridge topology
- Current rating from 1000A to 1400A
- Enhanced switching performance
- Isolated copper baseplate using DBC
- Integrated temperature sensor
- High isolation voltage
- Plug-in driver SKYPER Prime available
SEMITRANS® 10 Applications
This proven package is designed for a wide range of applications such as regenerative inverters up to 1500 VDC voltage and power supplies, which must meet strict service life and robustness requirements. This architecture boasts flexibility and scaling capabilities.
More output power with symmetric paralleling
SEMITRANS 10 and SKYPER Prime driver have been optimized to provide outstanding performance, a multitude of features and sophisticated paralleling.
- Digital signal processing in the SKYPER Prime driver ensures stable switching and error characteristics across the entire temperature range
- Stable positive and negative gate voltages for symmetric current sharing
- Direct paralleling of error, sense and switching signals
- Symmetric gate control with centralized signal distribution
- Board-to-board solution eliminates the need for costly cable and connector assemblies
Learn more about SKYPER Prime
Superior dynamic switching behaviour
- Superior switching performance based on second source IGBT series in combination with SEMIKRON CAL diodes
- Low switching and conduction loss profile
- Optimized internal bus bar ensures balanced load among the individual IGBTs and diodes.
Future proof package materials
The package materials in SEMITRANS 10 is optimized for high temperatures. This ensures stable and reliable operation with today’s generations of chips with operating junction temperatures of 150°C and future chip technologies with maximum junction temperatures up to 200°C.
Highly reliable and low stray inductance design
- Optimized bus bar design and DBC layout ensures low internal stray inductance
SEMITRANS® 10 Product Range
The SEMITRANS 10 family offers the standard voltage classes from 1200V to 1700V with rated currents from 1000A to 1400A. In addition to the half-bridge and chopper topologies, the SEMITRANS 10 also offers a 3-level split MLI version, which allows enabling an NPC topology with only two modules.