IGBT Stacks for NPC inverters up to 1.5MVA
SEMIKUBE® MLI – All the SEMIKUBE Experience in a Compact Design
Benefit from the SEMIKUBE experience and discover the new SEMIKRON MLI. Powerful, compact, precise, long lifetime – these are the attributes of the SEMIKUBE MLI 3-level NPC stack.
SEMIKUBE® MLI Benefits
SEMIKUBE MLI is designed to fit high power air and water cooled applications. Suitable for outdoor cabinets, this platform can be placed in environments subject to high temperature fluctuations. The platform design facilitates simple cabinet integration owing to the separation of the main cooling air flow through the heatsink and its IP54 rated mounting flange.
Extending the SEMIKUBE portfolio, the SEMIKUBE MLI is able to operate up to 1500VDC/1000VAC. This pre-qualified power assembly meets the rigorous SEMIKRON qualification and certifications. The platform integrates advanced technologies, which maximize performance and power density, and safe operation thanks to its switching pattern control.
SEMIKUBE® MLI Key Features
- Air and water cooled IGBT power assembly
- Power density up to 7 kVA/L
- Modular design per phase for easier handling
- Maximum output current up to 900A
- Switching frequency up to 15kHz
- AC output voltage up to 1000VAC
- DC voltage up to 1500VDC
- Current measurement tolerance <2%
- THEATSINK, VDC, IOUT : analogue measurement
- Operating temperature range: -25°C to +55°C
- IP54 mounting
- IEC 62109-1, IEC62477-1 ready
- CAN interface for settings and error diagnostic
SEMIKUBE® MLI Applications
SEMIKUBE MLI is optimised for solar central inverters and energy storage applications. Designed for high power over 1MW, the SEMIKUBE MLI 3-phase power electronic stack operates up to 1500VDC with the NPC topology using 1200V devices. This stack is designed in accordance with IEC 62109, and 62477-1. The modular design, with front access for the power connections, simplifies integration of the electrical power distribution arrangement inside the cabinet. The current measurement tolerance of 2% (at 25°C) allows for control required for highly quality energy applications.
SEMIKUBE® MLI Product Range
The SEMIKUBE MLI offers continuous rated current up to 900A, using 1200V SEMITRANS 10 devices. The IGBTs are switched using a SEMIKRON embedded driver, which provides gate signals, control and error management, as well as analogue measurements of current, DC voltage and heatsink temperature. A CAN interface is available for parameter configuration and diagnostics monitoring. Custom factory settings to meet specific application requirements can also be set via the CAN interface during manufacturing. Air cooling for SEMIKUBE MLI is provided by highly efficient, long life centrifugal fans, realizing maximum power within a compact package.
Compact, easy integration
- DC and AC power connection at front
- Heat sink cooling separate from component side
- Fully integrated safety management
- <2% current sensing tolerance at 25°C, from IOUT (phase) to driver IOUT analogue
- Parameter setting and error diagnostic by CAN
- 1.5MW solar inverter within 800mmx600mm footprint cabinet
- IP54 separation with cooling air