Outstanding Contact Technology and Thermal Performance for Maximum Durability
The SKiM module improves reliability of inverters several times over, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. In addition to sintered chips, pressure contacts and spring technology, the SKiM 93 features AlCu-bonded diodes and high-performance thermal grease.
This makes it possible to achieve more than 23% higher performance with the same chip set or double power cycling capability compared to soldered power modules. The SKiM 93 portfolio also includes hybrid SiC technology, extending efficiency and switching frequency.
SKiM® Product Family
The SKiM 4/5 offers a wide variety of sixpack and 3-level topologies. Designed as a high reliability, baseplate-less module, the SKiM 4/5 meets the high demands of shock and vibration stability, as well as high temperature capability and service life.
Due to sintered chips the SKiM 93 are completely solder-free modules. With new thermal interface materials and AlCu-bonded diodes, the new SKiM 93 modules offer a power density improvement. With increased reliability, SKiM 93 meet the requirements of automotive applications.
SKiM® Short Facts
- No solder delamination thanks to sintered chips – SKiM 93
- 1500 temperature cycles without failure – SKiM 93
- 23% more performance with AlCu-bonded diodes and high-performance thermal grease
SKiM® Key Features
- Sixpack IGBT modules
- Available in 650V, 1200V and 1700V from 200A to 900A
- NPC and TNPC configuration - SKiM4/5
- 1200V/600A also available in buck/boost chopper configuration - SKiM 93
- Solder-free design for maximum durability - SKiM 93
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Baseplate-less design
- Soldered SKiM 4/5 available for less demanding, cost-sensitive applications
- Low inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
- Hybrid SiC modules available for maximum efficiency - SKiM 93
The high reliability SKiM family meets the demands of automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, tractors and heavy-duty construction machinery. It also offers leading-edge performance to super-sport and race cars. The SKiM 4/5 features proven 3-level topologies for solar and UPS applications.
SKiM® Product Range
The SKiM 4/5 modules are available as sixpack and 3-level (NPC/TNPC) configurations with nominal currents from 200A to 600A.
The SKiM 93 portfolio includes 650V, 1200V and 1700V sixpack modules from 450A to 900A. Buck/boost chopper configurations for 1200V/600A round off the portfolio.
Driver solutions and an optimised water cooler are available for fast, user-friendly evaluation. Available paralleling boards allow a powerful, simple half-bridge configuration.