Outstanding Contact Technology and Thermal Performance for Maximum Durability
The SKiM module improves reliability of inverters several times over, even under substantial active and passive temperature swings. In addition to sintered chips, pressure contacts and spring technology, the SKiM63/93 featuring AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease.
This makes it possible to achieve more than 23% higher performance with the same chip set or double power cycling capability compared to soldered power modules. The SKiM 63/93 portfolio also includes hybrid SiC technology, extending efficiency and switching frequency.
SKiM® Product Family
The SKiM 4/5 offers a wide variety of sixpack and 3-level topologies. Designed as a high reliability, non-baseplate module, SKiM 4/5 meets the high demands of shock and vibration stability, as well as high temperature capability and service life.
Due to sintered chips the SKiM 63/93 are complete solder-free modules. With new thermal interface materials and AlCu-bonded diodes, the new SKiM 63/93 modules achieve a power density improvement. With increased reliability, SKiM 63/93 meet the requirements of automotive applications.
SKiM® Short Facts
- No solder delamination thanks to sintered chips – SKiM 63/93
- 1500 temperature cycles without failure – SKiM 63/93
- 23% more performance with AlCu-bonded diodes and high performance thermal grease
SKiM® Key Features
- Sixpack IGBT modules
- Available in 650V, 1200V and 1700V from 200A to 900A
- NPC and TNPC configuration - SKiM4/5
- 1200V/600A also available in buck/boost chopper configuration - SKiM 63/93
- Solder-free design for maximum durability - SKiM 63/93
- Solder-free module and driver PCB mounting
- Non-baseplate design
- Soldered SKiM 4/5 available for less demanding, cost-sensitive applications
- Low inductance design thanks to symmetrical layout
- Hybrid SiC modules available for maximum efficiency - SKiM 63/93
The high reliability SKiM family meets the demands of automotive applications such as electric powertrains in electric utility vehicles, tractors and heavy-duty construction machinery. It also offers leading-edge performance to super-sport and race cars. The SKiM 4/5 features proven 3-level topologies for solar and UPS applications.
SKiM® Product Range
The SKiM 4/5 modules are available as sixpack and 3-level (NPC/TNPC) configurations with nominal currents from 200A to 600A.
The SKiM 63/93 portfolio includes 650V, 1200V and 1700V sixpack modules from 300A to 900A. Buck/boost chopper configurations for 1200V/600A round off the portfolio.
Driver solutions and an optimised water cooler are available for fast, user-friendly evaluation. Available paralleling boards allow a powerful, simple half-bridge configuration.