Approved: Green light for joined company Semikron Danfoss
- SEMIKRON and Danfoss Silicon Power join forces in a new business called Semikron Danfoss.
- Semikron Danfoss will invest significantly in innovation, technology, and capacity to enable customers’ future growth plans.
- Semikron Danfoss will retain the two main locations in Germany, Nuremberg and Flensburg.
- Claus A. Petersen will lead the new business as CEO.
- Karl-Heinz Gaubatz stepped down from his position as CEO of SEMIKRON on August 22 to focus on his role as CTO and support the merger process until his planned retirement at the end of this year.
We are Semikron Danfoss
Semikron Danfoss is a global technology leader in power electronics. Our product offerings include semiconductor devices, power modules, stacks and systems. In a world that is going electric, Semikron Danfoss technologies are more relevant than ever. With our innovative solutions for automotive, industrial and renewable applications we help the world utilize energy more efficiently and sustainable and thus to significantly reduce overall CO2 emissions – facing one of the biggest challenges today.
The Ultimate Partner in Power Electronics
We take care of our employees and create value for our customers by investing significantly in innovation, technology, capacity and service to deliver best-in-industry performance and for a sustainable future.
We offer more than 90 years of combined expertise in power module packaging, innovation and customer applications – making us the ultimate partner in power electronics.
Claus A. Petersen
Semikron Danfoss CEO
“Semikron Danfoss will inspire the future. The timing of the new company is perfect. With strong growth in our key markets – automotive, industry and renewables – the merger is a great opportunity for customers, partners, and our employees. Also, with the emerging technology transition from Silicon to Silicon Carbide, we are set to become the strongest partner of our customers.”
Chairman of the Board Semikron Danfoss
Danfoss President and CEO
“Electrification is one of the main drivers in the green transition, and Semikron Danfoss technologies are key components within industry, renewable energy, and automotive traction. Combining more than 90 years of technology leadership in power module packaging, we have the passion, competences, technologies, and commitment to become the preferred decarbonizing partner for customers.”
You want to learn more about Semikron Danfoss? Please get in touch with the following contacts:
Danfoss Silicon Power GM Office
Mette Simonsen Nordstrøm
Phone: +45 20418858
Semikron Danfoss Press Relations
Phone: +45 53 62 70 87